Monday, November 1, 2010

It's been far too long

Since I have written a blog!

I apologize for my lapse in time in writing. There has been so much going on that I just have not gotten to this.

Can you believe it is already November? Holy crap, where did the time fly by? I've been living down here for a month already and it is going fantastic. I now am out here in LA doing the hustle, looking for work and trying to pin down jobs. I am talented at makeup, I've got the confidence, but there are many out here that are just as good as me. I'm not sure exactly where I will go with makeup but I am confident that I will go wherever I am destined to. I believe that life has a purpose for everything. I believe we attract to us what we get. If you say " my life sucks, bad things always happen to me." or " do you think I want bad things to happen?" my answer to you is YES! I do think you want those things. You are thinking "oh man, my life is just so hard and it's not getting easier." Well ladies and gentlemen, unless you consciously decide that you want better for yourself, life's not going to get better. I think we all deserve to be great, to have great things. I hope everyone can get what they want in this life.

Now...onto some pictures. I don't have a great camera anymore (hint hint for XMAS) so a lot of these are taken with my phone.

Halloween Costume Numero Uno:


I was a hippy at a party I went to that my friend Colette invited me to. I felt like I was at a "Sony" party because EVERYONE at this party worked for Sony studios!

Numero Dos:


I originally was trying for a Housewife from "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" but by the end of the night, I looked more like a TRANNY than a housewife! (Sorry this picture is so small!)

What can I say? Last night was EPIC. Kayla and I met my friend Justine down in West Hollywood for this HUGE event they had. Literally like a mile of Santa Monica Boulevard was shut down. The news estimated that there were 500,000 people there. All in costumes. There were helicopters flying over head, different stages where things were going on. People selling food, drinks, etc. It was FANTASTIC. Kayla and I walked over a mile to get to where Justine was. Justine was at this stage where the gay guy from Sex and the City (Anthony, Charlotte's Gay Best Friend) was ont he stage and people just got to up in groups and DANCE. He would make snarky comments but it was fantastic. Justine and a few other girls go up and danced their faces off and I took pictures. I don't have the moves these girls have so I just watched. So then we went down the way a bit to where The Rocky Horror Picture Show was playing on a huge movie screen. Turns out we got there JUST IN TIME to do the Time Warp Dance. A man from the Guinness Book of World Records was there to do the largest ever time warp dance that was being coordinated on 5 different stages along the SM Boulevard. It was awesome. I haven't done that dance or seen that movie in forever but we all decided we are most definitely going to a midnight showing of Rocky Horror soon!

After we finished up there we started walking the long walk back to the car when this guy with a boom box and a few posse members were dancing down the street. So we decided to follow them! We just got behind him in an informal conga line and just started grooving and dancing out way. We were all singing and dancing and more and more people started getting behind us! It got HUGE. People were video taping us as we walked by, taking our pictures and cheering. It was AWESOME! We must have gone over a mile with this huge crowd of dancing, singing, costumed, happy group. The vibe was so awesome. Kayla took pictures so I will be posting them soon to the blog as well as my facebook.

I have just been having such an amazing time down here. I can't describe how much better I feel. I feel like life is SO amazing and there is so much fun to be had. I love home, but LA has so many things that Arroyo Grande and San Luis Obispo will NEVER have. The experiences I am having down here are amazing. I made the best decision moving here. Life has so much waiting for me. I'm ready to experience it all!!

XOXO,

Amy

1 comment:

El'Aundra Dolce said...

Wonderful Blog!!! I'd love to feature you on my blog! I developed the idea for "Loyal Rewards by El'Aundra© " & this is how I promote my followers & help them increase traffic to their blog while allowing other followers to learn more about the blogs that I feature. If you're interested my blog is at www.elaundra.com.
♥ El'Aundra