Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My makeup photos are here!!

Oh man, it feels like it's been FOREVER since my last post. It's almost a little overwhelming to start this blog, I have no idea where to begin.

So I went on my first hike up in the Santa Monica Mountains with Stephanie on Tuesday of last week. A week ago? It's already been a week? It literally feels like I just went on that hike with her. Anyway, we hiked up there and I decided I wanted to feel it out and brought Tucker and Max along. It didnt' really feel THAT hot, but when we got to the parking space the car read 76 degrees. Still not super hot. And the trail was pretty mellow, it was more of a steady incline versus straight up. Think more along the lines of Madonna mountain versus Bishops peak. There was a trail that Stephanie took that veered off on a steeper incline. I am going to tackle that trail next time we go out, but because I had Tucker I decided that I wanted to just take the gradual one. Well needless to say, even with 2 water bottles, Tucker overheated. I actually worried that I had pushed him too far and that I might have serious overheating issues. He was just so hot and he laid down every time I stopped for water. Before I go any further, REST ASSURED: Tucker survived and is doing fine. No long term damage. Just a lesson learned on what he can and cannot do.

Here is Tucker and Max on the way down from our hike.


Needless to say, I had 1 very exhausted bulldog when I got back to my house!


And just for your enjoyment and entertainment, I am posting a video of Tucker doing his basketball routine. This is at the end of his play time, so he isn't as active with it. I totally forget to video it because I'm too busy laughing!





I got back all of my prints from Makeup School. I am posting three below here. The rest will be on a Facebook page called Makeup Artistry by Amy. I would really appreciate if you could all go to that page and "Like" it and become fans. The more I work, the more photos will go up. But I am extremely confident in what I have been taught and anyone out there who refers me to a booking client, I will do a complimentary look on you. For any of you brides out there, book now for your weddings! My whole portfolio will be on the page Makeup Artistry by Amy for you to look at. I will send you all a link once the page is up and running. But right now, Makeup Artistry by Amy on Facebook is still under construction. Check back soon. Or I will find you.....

Here are just a few looks:

(This girl is the salt to my pepper lol. She knows who she is)


And:


My personal Favorite:


(Another note: the quality of these pictures are not as good as the quality of the portfolio pictures. I took a picture of the picture with my Droid. Hence quality. But once I figure out how to reduce the size of the scanned photos, I will be posting them on facebook for you all to wonder and marvel over.)


I did go home on Sunday to the 805 area code. I didn't make a HUGE deal out of it other than the 1 post on facebook, because I went home to ride my horse. Yes, it was stormy and yes I was irritated, but I rode regardless. I got some good rides in and I really miss my Daisy. And it's embarrassing to admit, but my butt bones were sore! The bones and muscles that have been cultivated over the years, with 3 weeks of not riding....yup, they were sore! But I don't care, any pain is worth it for my girl.

It was great to see my Mommy and Randy, as well as visit with my girls Kara and Jenae. I will come home over Thanksgiving and XMAS, for all those who want to visit. And this blog is pretty much summarizing everything that is going on down here. So you didn't miss much, other than a HUG!!!

I'm very excited that Shante is visiting me on Thursday for a few days and Vinny is supposed to be coming Sunday as well. I'm so happy to see my friends! I have missed them all very much and I am very excited to go and do "stuff" with them.

Anyway, I hope you all are having a fantastic week. We are closing in on the holiday season. Christmas is my FAVORITE time of the year. I'm very excited. Keep your attitude positive, your spirits high, and remember that you are all amazing individuals. Life can try and get you down, but the only think you can control in this world is your reactions to the happy and sad moments. Choose to be happy, make the effort, and you will begin to notice a change in who you are. Others will notice as well!

Much love to you all from El Lay,

Amy

No comments: