Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life Lessons on a Rainy Day

I love these rainy days so much more than the 110 degree days!

I used to feel really guilty at home when it would rain. I used to hate it and wish it would go away fast. I know we NEED the rain, I know CA is in a drought and this is necessary. But I used to hate it. Sorry, I'm not gonna lie.

Why did I hate it so much you ask? Because of Daisy. I felt guilty not riding her everyday as it was. When it would rain and I COULDN'T ride, I would just sit inside at home and feel sad that my horse was stuck in her muddy, cold pen. Or I would go out and feel crappy that I was outside in the cold muddy pen, but at least Daisy and I could commiserate together.

BUT NOW...............



Daisy is on a five acre property with my friend Kara. No one knows exactly where except me and Kara and I like it that way. There are certain people out there who do not need to know where my girl (and my trailer) is. But I am confident and I know that Daisy is happy. She couldn't be with a better horsewoman, and Kara is one of my best friends so I feel so good about Daisy's new (temporary) home.

Daisy and her boyfriend Sonny. She likes her men to have a big booty!

So I can now ENJOY rainy days. Yesterday I stayed inside curled up on my couch with my 2 lovebugs watching Clash of the Titans. I love Greek mythology so it was a great day to get lost in a long action packed movie.

Today I caught up with my little cousin Kayla. She is 18 years old, just moved to LA a little over a year ago and is so cute and sweet. She seems like a great girl with a bright head on her shoulders and really has a lot going for her. I hope that maybe I could prove to be a good influence for her. I'm about 7 years her senior, and I feel like I have lived a lot of life from the age of 18 to 25. Who knows? Maybe she can learn from my mistakes.

But that defeats the purpose of learning by doing.....

Sometimes we have to fail at certain things, certain relationships, certain life lessons to really understand who we are. I have a great support system so I know that no matter what I try, I will always have family and friends who will help me back up if I fall. And likewise, I hope ALL my friends and family know that I will always be there for them. I have learned to curb the judgmental part of me and accept my friends/family for who they are. All I want for all of you out there is joy and happiness in your life. No matter where this life takes you, be happy in doing it. You only have this one chance at it, make the most of it. Live life to the fullest, never settle for less than you deserve. Don't regret anything, because our life experience make us better people and we grow from them.

I love you all and I wish you lots of happiness and love today. Just because it is cloudy outside, dont' let it get you down. Just know that sometimes there will be cloudy days, but we can't appreciate the bright sunny days unless we have a few clouds here and there.

I know this is a different post then you are all used to. But I am so happy here. And by "here" i mean LA, and in this particular stage of my life. I hope you all feel this happy as much as you can. I think everyone deserves it!

XOXO,

Amy


Miss you Daisy girl!

No comments: