Sunday, October 10, 2010

What an AMAZING weekend with Great Friends!

Hi All,

I hope this blog finds all of you happy and healthy. Just wanted to quickly update you on whats been going on with me the last few days.

I got a new phone Wednesday, the Droid 2 or X or whatever it's called. It is super cool and it has an amazing camera with good quality pictures so I have been trying to figure out how to use it and take photos. I've got some good ones on here.

I spent some time with my friend Gio this weekend and I really have missed her a lot. I mean, I feel connected to everyone over Facebook but there is nothing like girl time to make a girl feel like her old self. I even was able to do her makeup. I took "Before" and "After" photos. I am going to be creating an album on my Facebook page of before and after shots. Just a quick shoutout: Gio, I love you girl and I love the time we get to spend together. I am so glad we are close to each other in distance. Next time I get to come see your house!

I also spent time with Stephanie. She has really been a lifesaver to me. It's nice to have someone who lives close to you and who has similar interests. She's a great girl and I am so glad to be her friend. It really was fate that her and I met at Hollywood Paws. I am grateful to that place for bringing her into my life. She has turned into such an amazing friend to me.

Stephanie and I had our first Celebrity Sighting this weekend. Ok, well my first celebrity sighting since I have lived here! It was John C. Reilly and it was crazy. I honestly didn't' even see him till Steph pointed him out. We were at this cute little wine bar (reminded me so much of Gather in AG village) called Bites. He was sitting there with crazy red hair and had a group of 3 women at his table. He's a ladies man! It was such a low key restaurant, that even though I REALLY wanted to go up and get my picture with him, Stephanie and I both felt that he was probably just trying to have a low key dinner and remain incognito. So we didn't bug him. Though Steph bet me $10 to go over and say "BOATS AND HOES" really loud. (That's a Stepbrothers movie quote) For those of you who don't know John C. Reilly, here is his picture


And Talladega Nights

He was also in movies such as The Vampire's Assistant, Chicago and lots more!

Last night, Stephanie also accompanied me to a party at my Uncle Frank's Elks Lodge. It was monster themed (actually True Blood was the theme) and I decided to try out a vampire look on myself. Here is what I came up with


And Stephanie and I


"Blood Bags" (Vodka and Cranberry)


I was going for Vampire and I even had fangs to put in, but the instructions freaked me out so I decided not to do it. (It said if you put the fangs in wrong, the fangs could stay in for an extended period of time. So no thank you to those!) If some of you think I look like a Mime, you have a valid point and will hear no arguments from me. But I was pretty pleased with it. Yes, I should have airbrushed my chest and my arms, but I was just experimenting. So please no negative comments. Thank you!


Channeling Lady Gaga while out shopping with Gio on Friday night:


Scared? You should be. Don't make me angry. You don't wanna make me angry!!


*Playing Mario Brothers theme Song*
Anyway, this was my weekend.

I am in such a good place right now mentally and emotionally. I love AG but I felt like I was growing out of that town. I am 25 and single and love this point in my life. I feel young and alive and like my life is just beginning! I want to experience so much and this is the way to do it. I am out there living life and I hope that you all are exactly where you want to be with your lives. I've said it before and I'll say it again, NO REGRETS! Life is what we make of it. Make the choice to be happy. If you consciously decide to be happy, you can be sure that happiness is what you will get. It's the Law of Attraction. You get what you ask for. So if you are negative, you can expect negative things, negative experience, and negative people to follow you. If you are happy, then happiness, joy, and positivity will arise out of every thing you do.

So make today a great one. Just because today is Monday doesn't mean it has to be bad. Make it a Marvelous Monday.

Much love to you all,

Amy

No comments: