Friday, August 31, 2012

MOTD: Some people pose pretty, I pose dorky

Some people like to pose pretty for their photos. Some bloggers like to have nice little photo shoots. I feel like some makeup bloggers are just as good at photography as they are at makeup. But since I mainly take my photos with my iPhone in my office (which isn't decorated whatsoever), my photos aren't as "pretty". 

But that's ok. That's just me being me. That's why you all love me right? 

So here is today's look of the day. 

Does this look make you laugh? Cause it should!


As weird as it sounds, after twenty or so different photos, this was the shot that best showed off my makeup. 


Makeup Used: 

Face:
Moisturizer
Makeup Forever 5  Camouflage Cream Palette
Belletto Studio F6 Toasted Canary
Nars Orgasm Blush

Eyes:
Urban Devay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Greed
Belletto Studio F2 Cream Brulee - (after my "photo-shoot", I wish I had chosen not-as-light of a color. Something less "white" and more "cream") 
M.A.C Eyeshadow in Mystery in the crease of my eyelid
M.A.C Fluidline in Blacktrack
M.A.C Eye Kohl Pencil in Smolder
M.A.C Haute and Naughty in Black. 

Brows:
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash

Lips:
Nabi Liner in Hot Red - not just for the outer liner but also for the base color
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Rust


Reflecting on this look, I wish I had done the eyes a little less "white" with a stark contrasting brown. I was originally aiming for something more subtle. But I never have a clear plan when I do my makeup or any one else's. It's part of my creative process. Sometimes I create masterpieces and other times I wish I had done things differently. I learn something new every time and from every person. That's what I love about makeup. No matter how good you are or how long you have done it, there is always something new to try. 

So today and this weekend, go out of your comfort zone. Try something new. You might learn something you never thought of before.

XOXO,

Amelia St John

No comments: