Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation

Today's blog is going to be another review! Yay! 

I have lately been reviewing a lot of affordable drugstore makeup. I absolutely love high end makeup such as M.A.C, Makeup Forever, NARS, Benefit, Dior, Lancome, and more but I like to see what else is out there comparable for those who maybe can't afford a $48 bottle of foundation. And what I have been finding has been great! 

I'll be real: I watch a lot of YouTube Beauty Guru videos. Some of it is for work (they review some of our makeup products), some of it is just curiosity  I want to know what other people use and what they think of it. I think it is amazing that people can be so different in their makeup application and knowledge, but still can come off as glamorous as if they walked off the pages of a magazine or off a red carpet. And so many of these Guru's use drugstore makeups to create these looks. I love it! I love that these looks can be recreated by any one in any town, with access to a CVS/Wal-Greens/Rite Aid/Wal-Mart etc. 

So that's what I'm doing for you as well. 

Today's review is of the Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup. It says it stays for up to 24 hours. It comes in a glass jar, and unlike many other brands which use a pump, this is out of a jar. You can use your fingers, a sponge, a spatula, any way to get it out of the jar. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff! 








The below picture is just of the foundation on my skin. It goes on smoothly. It has a lot of coverage, but the cool thing is, is that you can keep layering it on if you like a heavier coverage. I just use one layer and then I use concealer with any spots I need covered. 


I don't know why I am making this face. But look how even my skin looks with the Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation
I really like this picture. You may start seeing more like this!

 This foundation retailed at my local Wal-Greens for $13.99 I think. I think that is a good price for a great product. I used my Beauty Blender sponge to apply the foundation all over my face. I used a stippling motion, which is basically a series of patting the foundation in small circles all over my face to blend in. 


And my finished product. Isn't the volume and curl in my hair ridiculous? It's the NuMe Pearl Curling Wand that created all of this. I'm in LOVE!

So I think as soon as I get financially capable, I am going to buy the Canon Rebel Ti3 camera to start my REAL YouTube channel. I know I have a few little videos made by my computer and cell phone, but I want to start doing REAL tutorials for you guys, where you can watch me and copy my actions. Reading my blog is super awesome I know, but wouldn't you like to be able to SEE what I am doing? Maybe some of you are visual learners. The camera is close to $600, but has great reviews as a starter camera. I am particularly interested in the video aspect of it. Of course, I will have to buy a tripod and lighting as well. 

Any photographers out there? Anyone with any sort of camera knowledge? I would love your input. It's a big investment. 

Also, please spread the word about my blog to any friends/family/co-workers. The more the merrier! My goal is to bring my knowledge of makeup/beauty to you guys. I love being able to help and I LOVE seeing the light from within light up the outside of all of my readers! 

XOXO,

Amelia St. John 


Don't forget you can watch/subscribe to me on YouTube at: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/afrazier726


You can find me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ameliastjohnmakeup



You can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ameliastjohn


You can Follow me on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/ameliastjohn

You can follow me on Pinterest at: www.pinterest.com/ameliastjohn

PS have you seen yesterday's blog post? 

Click here to check it out --> 

No comments: