Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I'm back with a new MOTD! Starring: Maybelline Eyestudio

Hey y'all! 
I'm back. It seems like forever since I wrote a blog. I'm sorry if you missed me and my MOTD or OOTD or makeup reviews. But I was moving into a new place and as you all probably know, moving is exhausting  Not to mention at the exact same time, I was super swamped at work. No rest for the weary! Most of the last week I was wearing no makeup! Let's not forget L.A. has had another heat wave and the high temps were 106 and higher! Any makeup would have melted anyway. So that's whats been up with me. 

But I have had things in my mind being planned. One of them was a review/trial of these Maybelline Eyestudio eye-shadow palettes. I'm ambivalent I think toward them. For one reason, I was hoping for to get a really nice burgundy shadow and they ended up with more of a netural and shimmery browns. But I LOVE the light shimmery taupe as seen on the far left. I will most definitely be using this a lot! It can be used under the brow bone to give a highlight or in the corners of the eyes to brighten up.  

Below are some "eh-all right" photos. Because I'm just feeling "eh" towards this look. 

What do you all think? 


I heard about these super affordable drugstore pallets from YouTube Hair and Makeup Guru ItsBl0ndie. See her here at:  www.youtube.com/itsbl0ndie (She's so cute and talented. She looks like a Jessica Simpson/Britney Spears/Ali Fedowtsky look alike)
I was hoping the colors would be a little more burgundy and less brown. But they give off a beautiful natural brown color nonetheless

Here's an upclose. Not really seeing the burgundy are you? But I'm loving the light shimmer color 

My hair pre-brushed out

Post brushed out curls and a whole face shot

Another picture of brows and eyes. 


Also used on my face: 
Makeup Forever HD Primer
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Medium
Rimmel Match PErfection 2 in 1 Concealor and Highlighter
Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighter in Radiant
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda II concealer palette. 
Belletto Studio Airbrush Foundation in F6 Toasted Canary
Nars Orgasm Blush 
M.A.C Haute and Naughty Mascara
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash
Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss (nude color)
Carmex Lip Balm (to give the shine and moisture. I'm also supremely addicted to it!)

Hope you all are surviving your Wednesday Hump Day! Only two more days till the weekend! I'm going up north to do a wedding this Friday/Saturday. I'll make sure to take pictures and bring you all with me!

XOXO,

Amelia St. John

Don't forget you can watch/subscribe to me on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/user/afrazier726

You can find me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ameliastjohnmakeup

You can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ameliastjohn

You can Follow me on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/ameliastjohn

You can follow me on Pinterest at: www.pinterest.com/ameliastjohn

No comments: