Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Look of Fall


It's finally starting to feel like fall isn't it? The weather has cooled down a tad, it has rained a bit here and there, and we can finally feel like we won't get too hot wearing a zip up hoodie or sweatshirt. 

With this change in weather, I feel like embracing the fall time colors of eye-shadows that are out there. My personal favorites are those that are a deep greens with yellows/golds flecked in the shadows. The gold and yellow colors remind me of the leaves turning colors on a brisk fall afternoon. Maybe those leaves start to fall from the trees around you in a whirl of golden and green tones....

I like to take those images and try to create a beautiful tone for the eyes. I really feel like anyone can pull off a look like this. There are many beautiful tones and shadows to choose from out there. But for my readers/followers, I like to give affordable options.

The look I created today was made by this Wet N Wild Pallette in Comfort Zone. I believe it was only 3.99 for it. You can pick this up at CVS/Wal-Greens/Rite-Aid/Wal-Mart/Target, etc.  I used the right side of the pallets with all the green toned eye-shadows. What do you think? Does this remind you of fall?


I love that it recommends what to use each color for. But feel free to play with it! That's the beauty of makeup! No RULES


Excuse my wild eyebrows that need a good waxing


Swatched from the pallette. **With flash**

Without Flash

 I also wanted to do a review on this new eyeliner I got from my MyGlam/Ipsy monthly subscription. It's called Be A Bombshell eyeliner in Onyx and I'm in LOVE with it. It's designed like a pen. You just draw the line right onto your eye where you want a line. If you have trouble with gel liners, or liquid liners, I feel like this brand would be amazing for you. It's ALMOST fool-proof. (Some of you will prove me wrong if I guarantee it's fool proof!) I cannot rave enough about it. It doesn't smear, it dries almost instantly. I'm wearing it in the pictures above. If you are a member of Ipsy, you can get it for 25% off at http://www.ipsy.com/look/l-h8gfs4i4pyij8i/Bombshell_Eyeliner with the code: ipsy25. Otherwise, it's still really affordable at $14 at their website: http://beabombshellcosmetics.com/store/products/onyx-eyeliner/

I hope you all are enjoying your fall weather. Have you gotten your pretty scarves and pea-coats out  of the closet yet? Down here in So Cal, it's brisk enough for a light jacket, but I heard it's supposed to go back up into the 80's by the end of the week. As much as I love it down here, I wish we had more of the 4 Seasons. We basically just get a really long summer and mild winter and spring. Fall sort of gets passed over. 

You are all beautiful inside and out, and I hope you are letting your radiance shine through you today and every day! 

XOXO,


Amelia St. John


Don't forget you can watch/subscribe to me on YouTube at: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/afrazier726


You can find me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ameliastjohnmakeup


You can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ameliastjohn

You can Follow me on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/ameliastjohn

You can follow me on Pinterest at: www.pinterest.com/ameliastjohn



No comments: