Thursday, November 8, 2012

Throwback Thursday plus Product Review!

It's Thirsty Thursday! Or wait...is it Taco Thursday? Nope, that's not it either. Oh I got it!

It's THROWBACK THURSDAY!

For those of you who don't know what that is, it's an opportunity to find a photo from a long time ago and revive it for the world to see! (I hope my friend Jenna doesn't mind I shared this photo. I think she looks super pretty in it anyway. LOVE YOU JENNA!)
These two pictures are from my college days. The photo at the left is Jenna and I at the Rodeo. The photo on the right is the same year I believe and I was going to a wedding.

    

Ahh College....those were the days...

Anyway, let's get down to the beauty business shall we? 

This review is on the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. 

According to the Revlon website: " It’s a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.

These are the five shades I currently own

 
Left to Right: Precious, Smitten, Crush, Cherish, Honey
Here it is swatched on my hand. PS Do you love this chain bracelet I just got? http://shopglamcandy.com/collections/bracelets/products/brittany-chains. So affordable, this bracelet was only $15. This is an awesome website and I highly recommend anyone checking it out. The holidays are almost here...



 Let's discuss them left to right as seen on the photo above:

Crush: A deep wine or plum color. This color is perfect for fall. Pair it with a neutral eye or with a light smoky eye. 
Smitten: A deep pink or magenta color. Pops when applied on the lips. Are you feeling bold and funky? Then add this color to ANY look!
Cherish: Lighter pink. A simpler feminine color for those who just want a touch of color to the lip. 
Honey: A deep nude-pink. Has darker tones to it. 
Precious: A nude color. Pair this with your intense smoky eye or any look where the eyes are the emphasis. Add a gloss to give it a more girly look

These balm stains are exactly what they say they are. They are very moisturizing and do leave a stain after a days wear. You do not need gloss unless you like the shiny look it gives, the balm stains are moisturizing enough. Every color is just BEAUTIFUL. Hence the reason I have 5!

I highly recommend these to anyone out there looking for an awesome new product and perhaps who don't like lipstick. I'm not a GIANT lipstick person, I much prefer this over any of my M.A.C lipsticks. The pigmentation in these balm stains is just phenomenal. 

Where can you get these? Almost anywhere: Wal-Mart, Target, Wal-Greens, Rite Aid, CVS, etc. 
How much? 7.49 at Target/ 9.49 at CVS. (Why did I pay so much at CVS?)

Amelia's Grade: A+

Hope you all are having a fantastic November so far! Let me know if you have tried any of these? 

XOXO,

Amelia St. John


Don't forget you can watch/subscribe to me on YouTube at: 
 

 
You can find me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ameliastjohnmakeup

You can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ameliastjohn

You can Follow me on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/ameliastjohn

You can follow me on Pinterest at: www.pinterest.com/ameliastjohn

No comments: