Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Do you have the Perfect Nude Lipstick?

If any of you are like me, you have had trouble finding the perfect nude shade. Some days you want it to be a contrasting nude, for example; if you are rocking a smokey, sultry eye look and you want your lips to take a backseat to the awesome shadow you are showing. But other times, you want it to be soft yet still bold. It's even hard to describe in a blog, but you all know what you look for in a nude lip!  Everyone wants something different.

 I heard about a particular drug store nude lipstick while on Pinterest the other day. (I'm not going to say which one because I didn't end up getting it so I can't comment on it's quality) But  I decided I was going to have to try some drug store finds, because I wanted to see what all is out there for the masses.

Let me tell you all. I was pleasantly surprised! 

First, on Sunday while shopping at The Grove, I stopped in M.A.C to buy what I thought was just a few things. Now of course, I ended up with over $120 worth of products, but since I get 40% off, it totally was worth it! I grabbed a few of the new M.A.C Pro Longwear Lipcreme colors. One was a shimmery pink-ish color, the other was a nude/pink tint called You're Perfect Already.


                                                   
       Here it is as a swatch on my arm

                                             

 Here it is on my lips (no gloss added):


What the M.A.C Website has to say:

"Lightweight texture, creamy finish and comfortable longwear combine in this has-it-all pro-class lip colour. Slick in use, applies without need of a top coat- and still lasts up to 12 hours. Won’t feather or transfer, and the colour stays true. Helps lips stay soft and hydrated."

My Pros and Cons

Pros:
* The Color is beautiful. It's a soft matte pink that is more of a natural lipcolor.
* It has a "Balm" texture, which is reminscent of a chapstick.
*Light Stain on the lips
*Goes on easy and smooth
* Photographs AMAZING!( My favorite Photo of the bunch is of this color)
*If you love reapplying your lipstick (some girls just like doing it!), this is a great choice for you!

Cons
*Pricey- retails at $17.00
*Drying after it sets in. Works best with a gloss on top

Today, I went in to my local CVS and got a few more nudes to try that are in the drugstore range.

The one I decided to go with was the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in the color Creme Brulee.



 Here is this beautiful Nude Swatched onto my arm:

                                                


                Here it is on my Lips                                  

What Revlon has to say about it on their website:
"It is a Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated"

My Pros and Cons

Pros:
*Very Pigmented
*Beautiful rich nude, a slight tint of caramel
*Moisturizing
*Easy and smooth application
*Affordable at $7.49
*Can be worn alone which is slightly dryer to me. (But REMEMBER: I love a highly moisutrized lip. Think Carmex...)
*But can be worn with a lipgloss to bring some shine to your pout!
*Add a liner to enhance the exterior and make your color last longer

Cons
* Packaging is "cheaper" in my opinion -- could discourage my Brand Name girls out there. ( You know who you are)

Lastly, I grabbed a nude tinted lipgloss by L'Oreal. It is called L'Oreal Infallible 6 hr Neverfail Lipgloss in the color Suede.
                                             


                                                  Here it is on the left swatched on my arm

Here it is on my lips by itself

Here it is on my lips on top of Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee


What L'Oreal has to say on it's website:
"Infallible has an improved hydrating formula that leaves lips softer smoother more colorful and glossier for hours. The Patented Petit Coeur applicator contours lips precisely, giving you a smooth, even, flawless finish every time."

My Pros and Cons:

Pros
* Beautiful Color
* Cool different applicator than a typical sponge
*Unique Packaging
*Moisturizes
*High Shine
Cons
* Doesn't photograph as well as it looks in person
* Prob wouldn't recommend for brides/photoshoots/etc
*A tad sticky
* Price Tag for Gloss $8.49

The below picture is all three of them swatched on my arm for you all to compare and contrast. Which one do you like the best? Which one are you most eager to try?


I have another Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter product review coming. (*Hint Coral is SO in right now)

Stay Beautiful

XOXO,

Amelia St. John










No comments: