Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My makeup routine the last week

Ever since trying this new Garnier BB Cream, I've been trying to give my skin a break from other kinds of makeup to get the full result from this stuff. I only use it once a day, because it is pigmented, I don't want it on my face while I am sleeping and wake up with it all over my pillows. But I'm digging it. It gives me minimal coverage when I head out to the barn, while still protecting me from the sun with SPF 15.



Then when I want to add coverage to it, I use M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish Powder in the shade of Light Plus. It gives additional coverage and a matte finish to my face. I do not recommend M.A.C to those of you who have extremely sensitive skin. I typically have very good skin when it comes to makeup. I rarely break out from products. However, with specific skin product from the M.A.C line, I notice I am more likely to have a break out. Once I even got a rash! I had bought a BRAND NEW foundation and I tried it once and it gave me a rash along my right cheekbone. And let me reiterate, that DOES NOT happen to me. So needless to say, I don't recommend their face and skin products the majority of the time. But this compact is a bit different. I've been using this kind for about a year now and I am happy with it. I can use it over any type of foundation (and BB Cream) and it gives me an all over matte finish with heavier coverage, which I Like. I use a sponge type applicator to apply it to my face. For a lighter coverage, I recommend a large powder makeup brush.



Back to what I was talking about, I use this powder to go over that BB Cream.Then I apply a tad of blush and some mascara and that's my new low-key makeup! Just enhancing my natural beauty that God gave me and all that....

Anyway, I got an exciting idea for this week. A "whats in my makeup kit" specifically "whats in my wedding makeup kit". I have a wedding this weekend and I'm going to take photos of what is going with me!

Hope you enjoyed this blog!!

XOXO,

Amelia St. John



No comments: