Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Drugstore BB Cream and L'Oreal Drugstore Foundation Review

Ok, I'm back! It's been a while but I'm back and going to start doing some product reviews for anyone out there interested in my makeup life and my tips and tricks.

Today my blog is mainly going to be about this new BB Cream that has hit the drugstores lately. For all of you who have NO IDEA what I am talking about, its the latest craze in makeup-meets-skincare. BB Creams are simply a mash up of several products you’re probably already applying. Based on a formula developed in 1968 by German derm Dr. Christine Schrammek-Drusio to soothe, protect and lightly camouflage patients’ skin after cosmetic work, BB creams are multi-taskers that combine skincare ingredients with moisturizer, primer, foundation and SPF. Also referred to as beauty balms or blemish balms, they became wildly popular in Korea when a famous Korean actress credited one for her flawless complexion.

So I decided to try one. I'm all for saving time, especially when my new routine requires a 5:30am wakeup and my makeup gets applied in women's restroom located at my barn. Crappy lighting meets crappy attitude = I'll try anything to help myself out.

So I decided to try the drugstore BB Cream. It's called Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream. It has SPF 15 in it and comes in two shades: light/medium and medium/dark. I am using it on my face so I went with the lighter shade because my face is much lighter than my chest and arms.
I'm digging it. It finds my skin tone and matches it. It then moisturizes and protects my face from the sun. I'm not sure if it "renews" my skin, but I've only used it a few days. It works in place of a primer or moisturizer.

I try to tell this when anyone asks me : MOISTURIZER OR PRIMER. NOT BOTH. Otherwise you are just adding an extra to your face.

Now, I use high quality prodcuts on my clients. Products such as Makeup For Ever HD Foundation, Embryolisse moisturizer, M.A.C products, the list goes on and on. But it's expensive to buy those products in multiple shades so I only like to use them on paying clients. On myself however, I usually use cheaper products. So when it comes to foundation, I'm always trying to find a good one. Now my recommendation for most people is to go with the Makeup For Ever product listed prior. Because if you are just buying for yourself, spend the money and go with a great product. But if you are hard up in these times, check out this foundation.
It is smoothly applicated, goes on fairly light and covered my skin well. I used a sponge to apply it but I prefer brushes or fingers. Don't ask me why I used a sponge today.  I don't have amazing skin, I have red spots and blotchiness. So I like a heavier foundation. I like full-coverage. I'd rather think people know I am wearing makeup than see my actual skin. I don't want to SCARE people.

To review L'Oreal Infallible 18 Hour Foundation

Pros:
-Not Cakey
-Easily Matches Skin Tone
-Medium Coverage
-Smoothly goes on skin

Cons:
-I don't have any other than I like a full coverage makeup and this is medium. But you can always add another layer. I just didn't.

This retails about $12.00 I think. This was recommended by Lisa Eldridge, who is a celebrity makeup artist for Kate Winslet and also represents the L'Oreal Makeup Line. She is AMAZING. You can go watch her videos at http://lisaeldridge.com/. Do yourself a favor and do it SOON!!

Let me know any comments or if you have any products you are dying to try. I'll do a review for anything!

XOXO,

Amelia St. John


No comments: