Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Whats-in-my "Wedding Makeup Kit"

So as promised, I'm bringing you a "whats in my kit" blog!

I'm going to my college friend and close confidant Lindsay's wedding this weekend! It's been a LOOOOONG time coming and I am so very happy for her. She asked me to do her makeup for herself, her mother and one of her bridesmaid and I happily said YES!

So here is a look of what all I am taking with me to Merced.

 Let's start off with a few of my favorite brushes. I have mostly M.A.C brushes and Crown brushes in this kit. This case holds one full set of Crown Brushes in here, but I have managed to fit all my additonal brushes in here as well. I just can never decide on a few brushes. A girl has to have choices!

 This is part of the "eyes" category. We have Cover Girl Last Blast, L'Oreal Voluminous, and L'Oreal Extend Tubes Mascaras here all in black and waterproof. Then we have Duo which is eye lash glue and then 4 sets of eye lashes. Not to forget eye liner pencils, a Tinkle razor and eyelash curlers. Now that I think of it, I forgot to add my FAVORITE gel eyeliner, M.A.C Blacktrack. But never fear, I will go add it now. Behind all of this you see a clear plastic travel bag just for these items.

Next Up is the lip section. From the back is the clear plastic case which still has a few miscellaneous tubes of chapstick and lip glosses, most of which will never leave the bag this trip. In the paint tins, I have de-potted my lipsticks to  make it easier to grab in a rush. I think I'm going to do a blog on how to do this later. I got this empty plastic paint tin at Marshalls for $2!  There are also specific lipliners and lip glosses laid out, two from Rimmel and 2 from M.A.C. I picked out the Rimmel just for Lindsay, along with a matching lipliner, but again, I like options! 

 Here we have brush cleaner in the black squirt bottle, makeup sanitzier in the pink bottle, a packet of travel bottles to be filled up with water, witch hazel, M.A.C Fix+ and anything else I need, and makeup removing wipes.

 These things are essential. Q-tips, makeup spongers, baby oil, HUGE thing of bobby pins, disposable lip wands. The white tray I got at Michael's for $3 and I think it'll be perfect for mixing foundations!

Eyes! Blushes! Bronzers! Oh my! Here we have the 15 pallete from M.A.C filled with my own personally chosen colors. Along with two neutral pallets, one blush pallet, my Z-Pallet filled with bronzer, eye shadow, highligher, my 88 pallet (which I'm going to do a review on becaues I know all you ladies out there have this pallet or have had this pallet at some point. I'll tell you the good and the bad!) and then my Makeup Forever Flash Pallet.

All of this stuff will be going in my travel Zuca rolling makeup artist bag. I didn't take a picture of it because I am barely keeping my eyes open after doing 100 things today, but here is a what the manufacturer has on it's website (www.zuca.com)

It is described as :

"Quilted, rhinestone accented, and very chic, Mystic joins our quilted lineup with a bold fashion statement. Mystic's black fabric makes the rhinestones shimmer like stars."

It retails for $155.00 and you can order it online at www.zuca.com . They also have other bags as well that are awesome. I've already outgrown this bag, but I can't bear to part with it yet. It has light up wheels! And rhinestones, I just love it.

Anyway, that's a look into what's going with me. I'm sure last minute I will add more stuff just to be safe. As always, I bring a table, chair, cloth towels, and paper towels! Business cards too!

I'm so excited to be able to partake in the rehersal dinner and actual event. I know it's going to be a beautiful wedding and I'm more than grateful to be able to share in my friend's lifelong memory.

Have an amazing day!

XOXO,

Amelia St. John

No comments: