Monday, September 10, 2012

Drugstore Makeup Look of the Day

Monday's Drugstore Makeup Of The Day!

I've recently been inspired by the likes of many YouTube Makeup Guru's out there to check out some of the drugstore makeup that lines the walls of your local CVS/Rite Aid/Target/Wal-Mart etc. 

We makeup artists can become pretty snobby and elitist about our makeups, believing that only the high quality makeup is the expensive kind. But that's absolutely not true. Yes, high quality makeup from the likes of Chanel, M.A.C, Estee Lauder, Urban Decay, YSL and many more are all AMAZING in their own right. They can absolutely charge more for their product because it is such a high caliber product. But that doesn't mean you can't find an equally good product for under $12 at Target. YSL, M.A.C , and all of those put a lot of money into their "brand" including but not limited to; packaging, advertising, celebrity endorsements and more. So you are paying money for a product that probably costs pennies to manufacture in China, but for a "name-brand" we fork out all our hard earned money. Stimulating the economy is how we justify it to ourselves right? 

So yesterday I stopped by Ulta and Target to pick up some products that I felt could create a great look. I'm REALLY digging concealors right now, because I'd like to create a flawless complexion without caking on layers of foundations. I'm also trying to battle the bags under my eyes and dark circles. This is best remedied with good ole' fashioned sleep, but who has time to sleep the proper amount of hours per night? 


This is the look I created on my first try with my "drugstore"/low-cost makeup haul: 

What do you think? I'm loving the highlighted area on top of my blush. I feel very glow-y and radiant 
Here's what I used

For a complete list of my products continue reading: 

Face: 
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer in Medium $8.99
Sonia Kashuk (Target) Hidden Agenda II concealer Palette: approx $10.49
Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer/Highlighter in Light : $5.99
NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Light: $5.49
L'Oreal Infallible Advanced Never Fail Makeup in Natural Buff : $11.99
Elf High Definition Powder: $6.00
Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore: $3.49
Makeup For Ever Duo Matte Compact: $22

Eyes: 
Urban Decay Potion Primer
NYX Loose Pigment in Mink Pearl : 2.99
NYX For Your Eyes Only Eyeshadow Pallette in Dark Brown/Gold $10.99
M.A.C Fluidline Blacktrack Gel liner $18.00
Sephora Outrageous Mascara: free as a sample
M.A.C Eye Kohl Pencil in Smolder: $14?

Lips: 
NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Chestnut: $4.49

Eyebrows: 
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder $5.99

Whew! That was a lot I know..but I didn't buy EVERYTHING yesterday. Some of the stuff I had. And yes, I did use some higher end products but not very much. 

What is your favorite lower cost makeup product? What do you think about this look? Do I look "cheap"? The blazer and necklace and bun makes me look classy I know.....

Don't forget you can watch me on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/user/afrazier726
You can find me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ameliastjohnmakeup
You can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ameliastjohn
You can Follow me on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/ameliastjohn
You can follow me on Pinterest at: www.pinterest.com/ameliastjohn

Let all your friends/sisters/wives/mothers know about this blog! I'm here to help as many people as possible to make you all feel BEAUTIFUL!

XOXO,

Amelia St. John

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I recognize that necklace... and that blazer. :) You look beautiful! Love you.