Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Red Carpet Movie Premiere Makeup Tutorial

I've created an awesome look that I can't wait to show everyone. I wore this look to the Cast/Crew screening of The Master starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix, and Amy Adams last night with Joel. He had a lot of screen time in this movie playing a "cadet" and when you go see it (which I hope you all will, even if it's just to see Joel) not only will you marvel at the sheer film-making genius of Paul Thomas Anderson (who directed Boogie Nights, Magnolia, There Will Be Blood, and much more) but you will be amazed at the acting chops of these big stars. Can anybody say Oscars? **DISCLAIMER: This movie is 2.5 hours long!**

Back to the makeup! 

I only had a brief amount of time to get ready for this, seeing as I only got about 2 hours notice we were going and I had literally no makeup on! So here is what I used and how I used it!


Foundations and Concealers. Yes I used them all. 

HD Powder to help set the concealers and foundations to last all night

Nars Orgasm Blush and M.A.C Silver Dusk Highlighter

Nars Laguna Bronzer to give a sculpted cheek look

NYX Eyebrow Duo in Taupe/Ash

NYX Loose Pigments in Sky Pink Pearl, White Pearl, Walnut Pearl
Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes: I used the lightest pink shadow under my brows /on browbone. Acts as a highlighter

M.A.C Fluidline in Blacktrack for eyeliner, Sephora Outrageous Lashes for Mascara, M.A.C Eye Kohl in Smolder for lower waterline, M.A.C eye-shadow in Carbon to set Smolder, Urban Decay Eye-shadow Potion Primer which went all over the eyelid FIRST to hold all the powders all night. And my trusty M.A.C 34 false eyelashes. MY FAVE! 

Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch to add a touch of color to my lips

Just NYX Sky Pink Pearl 

with Walnut Pearl in crease (dark brown) and Benefit light pink under brows. This was my finished look. Remember to blend, blend, blend to get rid of demarcation. 
Closer of the eyes. See the M.A.C Blacktrack and the Sephora Mascara? 
With the M.A.C False Lashes #34

The finished look
And again!
                                               
Ta-Da!!


 I hope you all enjoyed this. I know I've promised more videos and now that my Nikon Coolpix is working, all I need is to A.) figure out how to work the video part B.) get a tripod so I can film at a proper angle. I would have loved to do an ACTUAL tutorial on this. But I hope this gives you a good base to go off. As always, you can always ASK me ANY questions you may have while trying to achieve this (or any) look you are trying to create. My advice and my love is FREE!! 

XOXO,

Amelia St. John

TIP OF THE DAY: Your makeup is only as good as your brushes. So make sure you take good and proper care of those babies! Clean them at a minimum of once a week!

* PS I am not affiliated with any of the makeups detailed in this blog. I purchased all of these products with my own money and was not paid to use/endorse them

No comments: