Wednesday, September 19, 2012

How to Achieve: Glowing Perfect Skin

 Hey y'all! 

Lots of women are trying to achieve that "glowing" skin look that has been all the rage this year. We literally want our skin to glow as if emulating the glow we feel from within. You are all radiant, don't you think your face should show it? 


Here's the look I created today to achieve that "glow" upon my cheeks.




First I started with Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour Foundation in the color: Natural Beige. 
Next I used Rimmel Match Perfection 2 in 1 Concealer and Highlighter in  the color: light. I used this under the eyes on near the lash line on the tops of my lids
Next up: Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer in the color: Radiant. I created a "V" under my eyes and blended upward to lighten up the area and create a more "awake" look.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in Medium. Next time I will go with the color: Light. Because of it's darker shade I use this on any blemishes are red spots on the sides of my face, chin and forehead.

I set ALL the concealers with ELF HD Powder to give them a longer staying power.

Using a fluffy powder brush, I dusted this matte compact lightly all over my face.
NARS Bronzer in Laguna. I put this under my cheek bones and up in an angle on my temples. The darkness creates a more slenderizing look for the face. I also used this under my chin.

Then I lightly dusted NARS Orgasm over the top of the bronzer along the cheekbones. Don't go overboard on the apples, or you lose the slenderizing effect you just created with the bronzer.

 HERE COMES THE GLOWING PORTION!



M.A.C Silver Dusk Highlighting loose pigment. I put this on the top of my cheek bones, the center of my nose, the bow of my lips and in a "C" from the cheekbones up above the brows. This is what gave the luminous and glowing feel to the skin.


 Here's two more views of this look. Side view and straight on. 

I was trying to create a light and easy look. Carefree, breezy and fun. Keep it light on the eyes and lips and you will look youthful and fun! 

XOXO,

Amelia St. John

If you liked this blog, please follow me on my other sites and tell all your friends!

Don't forget you can watch me on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/user/afrazier726

You can find me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ameliastjohnmakeup

You can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ameliastjohn

You can Follow me on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/ameliastjohn

You can follow me on Pinterest at: www.pinterest.com/ameliastjohn

No comments: